Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Challenge day 26: Inspired by Fashion!!

Hello Friends!!!! Today I have for you a Betsey Johnson inspired nail look. As many of you may have heard, Betsey Johnson has gone out of business, which makes me sad because I never could buy any of the clothes because they are too small to fit my body!! But I love the way they look and this dress is right up my alley. So, I did nail art to (kinda) match!!



Here is the dress:

I linked to this above, but it just takes you to pinterest, where I found the image. Does anyone read these?

Isn't it adorable? I want it sooooo bad. And Here is my mani!



Yaggghhh! It's so cute!!! I wish I would have put the actual bow up a little bit higher, but still...super cute!!!


For my base I used Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach and Orly Nite Owl in a ruffle mani (pics down below) I almost died just at that part. With a little more practice it would have been perfect! I wish I had a lighter shade of tan or a nude to make the dots to recreate the colors from the dress more, but this works out too.



After that was dry I used CND Guava to create a bow across my fingers and then outlined it in an Orly instant artist striper brush (btw did you know that these are just paint? waste o' money, good thing I got it free). Finally added Seche Vite.



Here is the ruffle mani without the bows. I like this better, but both looks are super cute.


Here it is in the shade. 

18 more challenges left!!! I better get going! lol.

Do you like to wear ruffle manis? the last one I tried was horrible.... Inky Whiskers said on one of my blog posts that she tried to do a scallop mani and it didn't work out for her. Dotting in a straight line on a curved "canvas" is difficult. I find myself wanting to follow the shape of my nail, or avoiding my cuticle.

5 comments:

  1. Bravo!!! You dotted in a straight line! Good job on the ribbon & bow too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. semi straight! lol. I had bald spots too. practice makes perfect! and thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute, Robyn! Nice job! Betsy Johnson has always been a little too frou-frouy or something for my tastes, but that dress is very pretty, and it
    s a bummer she went out of business. I didn't know that. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bummer. Oh well, I never wear fancy clothes anyway, if I'm not in work clothes I'm in pajamas. lol. Even when I go to classes! Yay pajamas!

      Delete
  3. Chhoti si Hai Zindagi Khushi Se Jiyo..
    Ghum Mein Kya Rakha Hai Maze Se Sar Utha ke Jiyo.. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! Any comment that is disrespectful to either me or the lovely people that follow my blog will be deleted and you will be called out.

Thank you!