Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Challenge day 23: Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat!

 Hello Ladies! Did you get what movie I'm doing from the title? Yes! It's Alice in Wonderland! The original cartoon one for those who didn't click the link. When you google search Alice in Wonderland nail art you usually come up with some really cool card-based or clock-based nail art, which is understandable. I decided to do something different and I was inspired by the dormouse and his song:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat,
How I wonder what you're at!
Up above the world you fly,
like a teatray in the sky!

When you google search search "Dormouse Alice in Wonderland" you come up with this image which is what inspired me to do this:


SQUEE. It turned out so much better than I had ever hoped it would. And it also took me 2.5 hours to do this. On one hand. I can imagine how horrific it would have looked on the other hand.


I started out with a black base and used a no-name purple, revlon royal, and white (in random orders) to make the galaxy-esque background. Then added the stars and fireworks with a brush and a dotting tool with Milani White on the spot, Sally Hansen Insta-dri Express-so yellow, and China Glaze Aquadelic.


If you want to know a specific color on the dormouse just ask, because I must have used at least 12. I used a scraggly hair on one of my brushes to outline him. It was not fun. Just as a tip for you nail art fiends, I put a layer of seche vite between Mr. Mousey and my background in case I messed up, and when I took this off it  he came off completely separately from my background, so my idea worked!


I'm proud of my Alice in Wonderland nails! Have you ever done them?


Hope you have a great day!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well done! The door mouse is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banhon Main Jab Lia Usay Nadan Tha Zaroor
    Jab Chor Kar Gya Hmain Nadan Tu Na tha
    Rasman Hi A Ke Pochta Farooq Hal-e Dil
    Kuch Is Main Us Ki Zaat Ka Nuqsan Tu Na Tha satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta king
    play bazaar

    play bazaar
    play bazaar Haste dilo me gham bhi hai,
    muskurati aankhe kabhi nam bhi hai,
    dua karte hai aapki hansi kabhi na ruke,
    kyunki apki muskurahat ke deewane hum bhi hai…

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! Any comment that is disrespectful to either me or the lovely people that follow my blog will be deleted and you will be called out.

Thank you!