Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 3: Yellow nail craptacular!!

Do you ever have one of those days where every "experiment" you conduct with nail polish just fails? Today was one of those days. I generally tend to avoid yellow polish because of a bad experience I had with staining, and the fact that it gives me some serious lobster hands (trust me, you'll see it). I'm feeling slightly better today apart from some depression (which is pretty normal for me) so I actually tried to paint my nails. But first! Bottle spam of doom!!!!!!

doom



Yep. Out of 300ish bottles of polish that is literally the only yellows I have. One of which I frankened from the dreaded Ulta Sun-sational (I still remember the name because of the horror I faced every time I looked at it. The staining was THAT bad!) You may recognize the Seche bottle I used to franken a mustard-y yellow. The color in these pics aren't that accurate, everything is definitely more yellow and less brown. Above is: Sally Hansen Instadri Ex-presso Yellow, China Glaze Celtic Sun, Sinful Colors Unicorn, Fingerpaints Lemon Sour, My franken, and Sinful Colors Firefly.

I'm reluctant to even post the pictures of my manicure, but for a good laugh and to show you how awful yellow looks on me I will post them anyway.


This is three coats of Fingerpaints Lemon Sour, which I loved when I first got it. I must not be in a yellow mood today because I hated it so much. On top of that I used Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Multi-facted. Now I'm probably going to be shot for saying this, but I don't care for glitter on my nails. I prefer a nice subtle shimmer. Over the glitter to complete the jelly sandwich I used Sinful Colors Unicorn followed by seche vite.


If it looks thick, that's because it is. I was starting to get frustrated with painting my nails yellow and I finally just slapped it on and called it a day.


Look at those lobster hands! I'm not going to lie, I took this off immediately after I took these photos. So frustrating. On a lighter note, they had dried only enough that I could easily slide it off and then use a little remover to clean off the residue. I kinda love doing that. Is that weird? But no annoying glitter to have to sand off my nails!


I took this picture when I was still in a good mood. This was my first attempt at a manicure. Sorry for the blurry pic, I took this with my phone instead of my fiance's. But I thought it looked like swiss cheese! and it made me giggle. This happen because I had put dots on my nails and the part that had the semi-wet dots came off before the completely dry Lemon Sour. Behind that you can see my Zoya drawer! (it has more brands than just zoya, but it's too many to list lol)

Have you ever had a day like this? Today I feel like burning anything that is yellow. 

Check out the other lovelies that participated in the challenge!

8 comments:

  1. LOL, yeah - yellow is hard to wear for most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww....
    well,i never did like yellows or oranges so i also don't wear it alone but it's a nice base for nail arts though.make the designs pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly enough I love orange on my nails but I hats yellow

      Delete
  3. Lol at burning anything that is yellow. ;) I swatched on one hand and took it off like, less than an hour later. Howeverm I truly believe that there's a shade of every color for everybody, and now I'm on a quest to find my perfect yellow. And, I think it's awesome that you used your own franken for today. Even if you're not happy with it, I say Well Done!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked lemon sour at first, today I just bated it for some reason. The franken looks horrible on me too lol

      Delete
  4. I think you have a skintone similar to mine and these pale yellows look awful on me, too. You should go brighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is almost see through a skintone? lol. Bright yellows look even worse! Someday I'll find a yellow that works. Maybe. lol

      Delete
  5. Ek Adhuri Khwaish Meri Puri Ho JayeMujhe Yaad Karna Unki Majboori Ho JayeAe Khuda Kuch Aisi Taqdeer Bana DeKe UnKi Har Khushi Hamare Bina Adhuri Ho Jaye. Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! Any comment that is disrespectful to either me or the lovely people that follow my blog will be deleted and you will be called out.

Thank you!