Sunday, June 24, 2012

Challenge!!! Day 1 Red nails

Hey ladies! As I said in my previous post, I will be doing two challenges simultaneously. The first one is one that was thought up by the lovely Lacquer Dreams where we show our favorite polish for the color theme of the day, in rainbow order. Today is red! Also, I will be participating the the 31 day nail art challenge! So, no just slapping on my favorite color and calling it a day!

I'll tell you what, this was a lot harder than I imagined it would be! But I persisted, and I finally picked OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where? From the Holland collection as my favorite red.


 It was raining something fierce today but I managed to snap some decently lighted pictures with my fiance's cell phone. He helped! The lighting inside of my apartment is absolutely terrible. But this color is a bright coral-red. Or a red with a hint of orange in it. It's very vibrant and beautiful.

I remember being on the fence about this color when I actually bought it (I bought the vast majority of the Holland collection. I'm just missing A Roll in the Hauge and Kiss Me on my Tulips) But after I put it on my nails, I could NOT stop staring at them! Please ignore the 9 across the barcode, that was how I previously used to organize my polish. If you see label shots from me, they will probably have a number on them unless I had acquired them in the past couple months.

Of course, since I'm doing the nail art challenge, I added a little something extra.



I started out with a base of Milani White on the Spot and stamped the houndstooth design with BM19 using Wet N Wild Ebony Hates Chris. I taped off the area that I didn't want the houndstooth design.


Then, after I used some nail polish remover to take off the white that the tape destroyed I painted two coats of the ever so lovely OPI Red Lights Ahead...Where? Also I added a black line to cover up where the red met the white. Followed by Revlon Colorstay topcoat (which I hate. So you might see some smearing, and the  red splotch on my pinkie. And my bottle of topcoat is now pink.Ugh.)

I decided that one color isn't enough, and I wanted to show you my other favorite reds!


 China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Deborah Lippman Footloose, and Essie Ole Caliente.

 Ruby Pumps is a must have for anyone who collects polish. It's the perfect christmas sparkly red. Footloose replaced my favorite tomato red from Maybelline that I bought when I was like 15. It goes perfectly with my skintone. It's classic. Finally, Essie Ole Caliente is just like Red Lights Ahead...Where? but is slightly brighter (if that was possible) and almost eye-searing. I love them all!

Red usually isn't a color I wear very often but I love these colors. What are your favorite reds? How many reds do you own? Do you like to wear houndstooth on your nails?

Until next time my loves! Tomorrow is orange! Stay tuned!
In the meantime...check out the other lovlies that did this challenge!


~on beauty stuff and what else’s...~
9ml Universe
atlcatsmeow
Captivating Claws
Fancy Phalanges
Fe’s Nails
Follow the Yellow Polish Road
Football and Fingernails
Fresh Air & Fashion
Happy Nails
Kelly’s Kolors!
Lacquer Dreams
Lacquer or Leave Her!
Liesl Loves Pretty Things
Light Your Nails!
Manicurity
My Life in Polish
Nail Polish Lane
Nailpolish is Alive
Nubbin Nails
Of Color n Music...
Sincerely, Obsessed With Polish
So You Think You Can Paint
The Rantings of a Nailpolish Hoarder
To Polish or Not?

I apologize for the crappy pictures. I have been very sick the last few days and I am trying to get better.

4 comments:

  1. I love your nail art!!! The OPI looks almost jelly, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its actually one of the few reds I own that isn't a jelly!

      Delete
  2. I love this design! Where do you get the stamp from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humko Satane Ki zarurat Kya Thi
    Dil Mera Jalane Ki Jarurat Kya Thi,
    Ishq Nhi Tha Muzse To Keh Diya Hota
    Mazak Banane Ki Zarurat Kya Thi. Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! Any comment that is disrespectful to either me or the lovely people that follow my blog will be deleted and you will be called out.

Thank you!