Saturday, November 3, 2012

My First Indie: KBShimmer Oh Splat!


Hello Lovelies. I want to show you my first indie polish. I've been wanting this polish since I first saw it, but I try not to buy polish online because I can't actually SEE it. I am SO glad I did. Now I want to buy every KBShimmer polish that has ever been made...Ever...MUST BUY ALL POLISHESES. Ok that's extreme. You get the point though! I saw swatches of KBShimmer Witchy Way, which I also bought, but haven't been able to photograph properly because the sky has been like this:


...for the past week or so. I know that the weather is awful on the east coast, but it is awful everywhere else too? I'm just curious. /End Tangent. Anyway, I saw the swatches of WW and decided I must have it, and wanted to add another polish to make the shipping worth it and I picked Oh Splat! 

Indoors, light through window

Same as above

Same as above

*dies* it's beautiful. Reminds me of pop tarts, or legos floating in milk. My fiance said it reminds him of the malted easter eggs that are speckled, what are those called? I have no idea. The white jelly base is perfect, it doesn't streak, and I want a bottle of just the base, lol.

Outdoor crappy weather light

same
 The glitter pieces come in the colors of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow-gold, green, blue, and purple), and in varying sizes. I didn't realize that I had a purple one sticking off my nail until just now, ha. My favorite color of the glitters is the green. Its. soo. preeeettttyyyy.
same

same
One thing that I hadn't noticed in any other swatch of this polish (or any other post for that matter) is that the glitters are, in fact, metallic. Not matte, which i was disappointed with at first, but the white base takes away the shininess and therefore Robyn= Satisfied.

What I liked: I think you've gathered what I liked from the post above, lol.
What I didn't like: The fact that I don't have 8 bottles of it. I need a backup bottle. I need a backup of my backup bottle.
Overall:  Love. This. Polish. I feel elegant, yet quirky, when I wear it. It's fantastic. Christy Rose deserves an award.

KBShimmer Polishes can be purchased here
What are your plans for this upcoming week? This tuesday is my man's birthday and I'm trying to think of something nice to do for him that doesn't require money. Other than that I have a math final I have to study for. I've been in this stupid remedial math class for 3 semesters now (that's how long it's supposed to take) and I'm completely over it. It's a self paced class, and it just does not work for me. I want a real math class where I get taught actual things, instead of guessing.

I will leave you with a picture of Mr. Squirrel, the persnickety squirrel that lives in our tree and hates my dog and happened to have been walking by when I was taking photos of this polish.


5 comments:

  1. play bazaar satta king

    play bazaar satta king Eat a diet filled with fatty acids if you suffer from cellulite. These acids can help to decrease cellulite by strengthening the tissues robust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. satta king Make sure that you look at all of your options before deciding to get surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an easy thing to do and it will keep your HVAC system running at maximum efficiency.satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tum Khud Hi Samajh Lo Gahrayi Pyar Ki
    Likh Kar Yeh Baat Mujhse Kahi Nahi Jaati satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! Any comment that is disrespectful to either me or the lovely people that follow my blog will be deleted and you will be called out.

Thank you!