Friday, August 24, 2012

Guest Post: Kelly's Mod About you!


Hi guys! I'm super excited to show you the first Guest post from my Polish That Started it All Series. Without further ado: Kelly!!!

Hi!  I'm Kelly from Ooh La La Polish.  I was so excited when Robyn asked for guest bloggers to show off the polish that got them hooked.  Before I got into polish and joined forums and started a blog, I would use an old eyeshadow brush and remover to clean up my manis.  I remember taking notes from nail techs when I'd go along with my mom or get a mani myself and then use those techniques at home.  Little did I know I'd start a blog and improve my skills ten fold.  Up until last spring I only had a handful of polish and would rotate between OPI Mod About You, OPI Off With Her Red, OPI Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not and a bright pink Sally Hansen.  I always gravitated toward OPI Mod About You and loved how it looked on my skintone.  It made me look tanner in the summer and always looked soft and feminine.  It was no surprise that it was the polish to really expand my horizons and cause me to look up swatches and jump into this crazy world of nail polish.  I remember needing a second bottle because I loaned mine to someone and never got it back.  Amazon told me to check out other polish that people were looking for and China Glaze For Audrey popped up.  I like to say Mod About You was my gateway polish because it opened my eyes to brands and colors I never imagined!  It's been at least a year since I used it though and I was happy to dust it off.  The formula wasn't all that great compared to other light pinks I've used.  It seemed chalky and streaky and required more clean-up.  Maybe if I added a little thinner the formula would be thinner and easier to work with.  I absolutely love the way it looks and think it's a great base for a fun indie brand glitter topper! 



Thanks to Robyn for allowing me to show off one of my oldies but goodies on her blog!  You can check out my blog at www.oohlalapolish.com

Thank you for joining me Kelly! I might have to track down a bottle of Mod About You! I was on a hunt for the perfect pale pink this winter (Damn you essie fiji!!!!) and this looks like it would fit the bill.

Do you guys own Mod About You?

Don't forget to submit your own gateway polish to me at roflbertz@gmail.com and like me on Facebook and Twitter because I feel dumb writing tweets to 2 people. lol. Just being honest.

3 comments:

  1. I lovelovelove super light pinks, they're just so chic! This looks gorgeous on you, Kelly. And Robyn, what a great idea for a series! I can't wait to read more. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are thinking of adding a teenager to your auto insurance, check what it would cost to add them to a current policy, and then compare that to what their own policy would cost.play bazaar satta king

    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta king
    play bazaar

    play bazaar
    play bazaar Pyar aur Maut se Darta Kaun Hai…
    Pyar to ho jata he Ise Krta Kaun Hai…..!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful! Any comment that is disrespectful to either me or the lovely people that follow my blog will be deleted and you will be called out.

Thank you!